First salary is not just money!

This one is from the time when life was easier,
(of course than it looked then);
the compensation was a petty cheque at the month end.
when I had workload to feel like a 'laborer';
the trainer age old acted like trainees' career and life saviour.

Those were the times means seemed limited;
working hard to learn n grow up,
paid the minimal to exist in the strange lands but.

I was quick to think I had stood on my feet,
only till the time when illness caught me weak.
Mom was quick to rush me home,
reaffirmed lovingly that the so called 'laborer' wasn't alone.
The lessons that day had Ayodhyapati Ram,
whose struggles in woods had taught him building empires at the dawn.

When each baby step was under scanner,
and the expenses needed permission;
Each nod from Pops gave a reason to celebrate;
and all the overspending had got its due justification.

Today is the day to see results pour,
Saw the school, college, hardships work; which once looked sour.
Landing the right job was not a single-handed task,
Innumerable shaky hands if someone's to ask.
Praying, pushing, applauding in hope,
to make sure that I never and for nothing even dare think to stop.

The rush of thoughts is continuous,
when the prolonged childhood's gonna end;
all the rules of 'having fun' have immediately got to amend.
There's no longer a need to ask Dad,
I can do whatever, for I'm my own lad.

But this being not the only side it has,
for I'll now be entrusted with all the responsibilities;
that every grown up is supposed to drag.

However the number of digits "executive's" earnings may contain; 
there will be no skyhigh 'need based' withdrawals.
Cards have to run through the month;
staying alive for much awaited, customized presents for all.

Expensive purchases will look useless even soon;
This independence, eagerly sought,
will be soon more of bane than boon.

But oh dear reader, 
Can you please wait,
until next time, 
"The salary has been credited in your Bank A/c No. 19011994XXXX......"

Comments

  1. Stunningly amazing��
    Just slaying.
    Big admirer of yours .
    Love this sweet tooth laborer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice article... great job😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I deserved that promotion more!

Meet the overnight billionaire: Radhakishan Damani